• 2 Recycled clean Styrofoam meat trays, or take-out containers
• Permanent colored markers, stickers, or acrylic paint
• Scissors or utility knife
• Paper clip
• Draw the body & wings on Styrofoam. You can design your own shapes.
• Cut both shapes from your Styrofoam. Take your time so you don't rip them.
• Decorate with markers, stickers or acrylic paint.
• Cut a narrow slit for the wings into the middle of the body.
• Push the wing through the slit you cut, tightness of the wings helps hold it together
• Add a paper clip to the front for added weight, & to balance it.
• Use markers to draw stars on the wing tips, add windows, a cockpit, flaps,
& rudder on the tail. Design it any way you like.
• Balance your airplane for a better flight.
• To do this hold your finger out with the airplane on top, move the paper clip
forward or backward to find the best balance. When the paper clip is in the
best placement it should balance like a pencil on your finger.
• Below is a link for a cool glider design made from a recycled food container.
Have fun & be green.